Drupal has come a long way in terms of accessibility over the years. In Drupal core specifically, we have been making good strides incorporating accessibility best practices into the UX and markup, but there is a lot we can still do!
This core conversation panel will discuss the current state of accessibility in the Drupal 8 project and the out-of-the-box Umami theme project, as well as ways to continue to build accessibility into future versions and themes in Drupal.
- What is accessibility and why does Drupal need it? (Quick overview)
- What are some recent Drupal core accessibility improvements?
- How do we think we are doing overall and what are we working on now in Drupal core?
- What is the Umami project and how does it address accessibility?
- What are some of the challenges we face in integrating accessibility into Drupal?
- How can the community help increase accessibility in Drupal?
- These questions will be jumping points into deeper conversations based on the audience, so bring your concerns, opinions, thoughts, and suggestions!