A presentation at FrontEnd Connect in in Warsaw, Poland by Nicolas Goutay
Being a 100+ developers Web consultancy, our team at Theodo faced a lot of challenges regarding Web Performance. I spearheaded the effort in the last year to ensure that our developers had the right culture, focus, tools and skills to enforce high performance standards across all projects.
This effort is still ongoing and has already proven successful, as projects see a 50–80% reduction in page load times.
In this talk, I want to share the different approaches that we tried to get our team passionate about Web Performance:
– Using a Lean-based approach to get everyone engaged with Web Performance;
– Offering SaaS solutions and building in-house tooling;
– Sharing technical know-how across teams;
– Identifying the most common pitfalls and how to avoid them;
– Cultivating a state-of-the-art knowledge of the Web Performance landscape